Refunds: A $25 processing fee will be charged. No refunds allowed during the week of the event!Note: Registration on site ( June 28 ) will be $185, cash payment only.
Novice Group Information
Event Location: Grattan Raceway – 7201 Lessiter Rd, Belding, MI 48809
- If you have no prior motorcycle track experience you must register in the Novice group. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- This group is designed for street riders, new(er) track riders and those seeking a bit more relaxed pace.
- Novice group riders receive classroom and on-track instruction, including on-going critiquing of your track riding skills.
- Instructors will accompany riders on all track sessions and your instructor will supervise you throughout your day.
- You will learn how to enter and exit the track safely, and the meaning of all flagging communications.
- During your classroom and on-track sessions you will learn the racing line, the proper use of the throttle, braking, gear changes and selection as well as basic cornering techniques and body positioning.
- Everyone rides at his or her own pace with an emphasis on fun and learning.
- All Novice group riders must attend all classroom sessions and ride within their group.
- We are aware that many riders chose to ride in the Novice group multiple times due to the relaxed pace, which is why we divide the novice group into several sub-groups based on skill level. This allows for many differently skilled riders to enjoy this group for an indefinite amount of time. You do not have to graduate from Novice until you feel comfortable.
Track Day Include:
- Novice, Intermediate and Advanced rider sessions, 20 minutes each group.
- Experienced track coaches and instructors ready to help you at any time of the day.
- On track and classroom instruction
- Free Lunch, Water, and sports-drinks throughout the day
- Free Professional Photographer!
- Free Fox Powersports Giveaways!
- On-site EMS and professional corner staff
- At track tire sales and service
Schedule of the day:
- 7:00 AM – Gates Open
- Enter the track and sign the venues liability waiver at the gate.
- 7:15 AM – Fox Powersports Tire Service Opens – Purchase new tires for your bike!
- 7:30 AM to 8:30 AM – Registration & Tech Inspection
- Meet us at the registration area to check in and be assigned to a riding group. Turn in your liability waiver and any last minute paperwork to us, get your bike and proceed to the clearly marked tech inspection area. Get your inspection sticker, and enjoy some fresh fruit, donuts or a sweet bun. Talk with the staff photographer about getting some good shots, or maybe talk with the tire service about putting on some fresh tires during your riding day. DO NOT FORGET to check your tire pressures, since settings for the track will differ from street settings.
- 8:30 AM – Mandatory Rider’s MeetingThis meeting is mandatory for all riders. We will brief you on the track conditions, general rules, flags, and a recap of safe track entry and exit. We introduce our instructors so you can pick them out. Immediately following the rider’s meeting all Novice group riders will have a mandatory meeting with our instructors for more in depth instruction.
- 9:00 AM – On Track Sessions BeginThe sessions will rotate in order of Intermediate, Advanced, and Novice. During each session, those riding in the next session should gear up and be ready at the marked grid entry at least 5 minutes prior to the start of their session.
- 12:00 PM – Fox Powersports Lunch Break
- 5:00 PM – End of the track Day but enjoy Fox Powersports Giveaways!
ON TRACK TIME SCHEDULE (all days):
- TRACK DIRECTION: CLOCK WISE
- Intermediate Group 9:00, 10:00, 11:00, 1:00, 2:00, 3:00, 4:00
- Advanced Group 9:20, 10:20, 11:20, 2:20, 2:20, 3:20, 4:20
- Novice Group 9:40, 10:40, 11:40, 2:40, 2:40, 3:40, 4:40
- Lunch is at NOON
We ride R*** or shine, please come prepared for Michigan weather!
Video Camera Requirements: **NEW** Video Camera Policy has changed.
- all Gopros (or similar cameras) that is mounted on a motorcycle must have a tether from the camera case to a point on the motorcycle. It doesn’t have to be pretty, it just has to be tethered and secure.-
- helmet mounted Gopros (or similar helmet-mounted cameras) are NOT ALLOWED at all on track.
Rider Gear Requirements:
- Damage free BSI,ECE-2205, DOT or SNELL full-face helmet with face shield.
- Riding boots that fully cover the ankle.
- Gauntlet style gloves with full wrist coverage.
- One or two piece leathers. Two piece leather suits must zip together for Novice, Intermediate or Advanced groups. Ballistic nylon suits such as Joe Rocket, AeroStitch etc. are acceptable in the Novice ONLY. They can be one piece or two piece that zip together with 50% zipper contact, reinforced and padded shoulders, elbows, hips, and knee areas. No chaps.
- Advanced and Intermediate group riders are required to wear back protectors. Soft back pads sewn into suits are not enough. We sell Knox back protectors at special STT member discounts. We can arrange to deliver your new back protector to you the day of your event or ship it to your home. We have a limited number of back protectors for rent at each event.
- Fox Powersports also asks that you consider the use of a chest protector.
- All bikes must pass technical inspection prior to admittance to the track. If your bike does not pass tech inspection, you will not receive a refund. It is your responsibility to have your bike prepared prior to riding on the race track.
- Tires and brakes must be in good condition. Tires should be at least 50%+ of new condition. Any tires that are bluing from excessive wear will be disallowed. We will have on site tire service at most events, so if your tires don’t pass, you may have the opportunity to put on replacement tires to pass tech. Please contact us to confirm tire service will be available at your event.
- All glass, headlight, turn signals, and plastic lenses must be taped over or removed. Side mirrors must be removed for the advanced group and at least taped over for all other groups.
- We recommend but do not require removal of center stands. No bikes with center stands will be allowed in the Advanced Group due to the ground clearance issue.
- All machines must have an operational handlebar mounted kill switch/button and self-closing throttle in good working condition.
- Advanced and Intermediate group riders must use water, water wetter or a non-ethyl glycol based anti-freeze/coolant. Approved Poly Glycol brands are: Evans, 7th Gear, Liquid Performance, and Engine Ice. Automotive ethyl glycol based coolants are not allowed.
- All valve stems must have caps.
- Wheel balance weights must be well secured and duct taping is required.
- License plates must have bolts taped or be removed.
- Advanced riders only must safety wire oil drain plugs, oil filter and oil fill caps. Intermediate must have a minimum of RTV or Silicone dab on the oil drain plugs and oil filter. ** Please note that if you spill oil on the track your day is over.